ashley_hopkin

Brick garden outbuilding, shed, man cave

Ashley Hopkin
3 years ago

Good evening,

I was looking around the same before building my 6m x 5m garden shed/ man cave.

Is we the anyone who has designed a 6x5m garden our building before? I was hoping to design it for part storage for fishing gear and tools, say 1/5 of the layout and the 4/5 a bar, man cave with a toilet, pool table, dart board and seating area with tv etc. Effectively creating another room from the house?

Is there any design software I could try and design this or would anyone fancy having ago?

I've drawn up a sketch of the proposed layout attached below.

After reading through the regulations if we built the shed within the 1m boundary i believe the following would comply PD and BD.

• the flat roof would be no higher than 2.5m sloping backwards (roof material from either tile or rubber, total height of shed will be no higher than 2.5m)
  • the walls would be double skin block and mortar, rendered (non-combustible) (Question - could we clad the block it in cedar wood, is this classed as non-combustible?)
  • the total shed area will be less than 30m2 and cover less than half of the total area of the back garden.

Ive attached a brief design layout of how the shed would be built.

Any ideas or help or potential entail designs would be great!

kind regards,

Ashley.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.