ben_callis

Gallery wall above sofa advice

Ben
3 years ago

We have been planning a gallery wall for above our sofa in a south facing victorian tenement flat in Glasgow.

The room is very neutral with grey walls, walnut wooden floors, brown leather sofa and a large light area rug.

So far we have no real pops of colour in the room other than the red tiles from the fireplace and lots of greenery from the plants.

We are in the process of getting some new cushions with different shapes and textures to take the eyes away from the large sofa.

The wall above the sofa is currently empty and crying out for some attention. We have made some rough plans of gallery walls but cant seem to get anything that looks right. I think the issue may be that we are mixing too many styles (photos, words, graphics) and perhaps there pops of colour in the prints are not working?

Our attempts with some art we quickly picked out:

We are not tied to any pictures massively or are we tied to the layout.

The room:

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.