Edwardian Semi - extend and reconfigure - Your thoughts on the plans?

Jas M

Hi All,

Thanks for taking a look at our post. We are planning to extend and reconfigure our new home and would like your thoughts as we don't have any experience/contacts other than lots of online reading!

In summary, we would like to redesign the ground floor (current and proposed floorplan attached) to include a boot room/utility, a study, relocation of toilet (with shower if possible) and kitchen-diner extension, keeping the other two receptions rooms as they are.

We did consider not having to go through the lounge to get to the kitchen but the hallway down the middle of the house seemed a waste of space and too long.

Although not on the proposed floorplans, we have also considered a loft conversion - hence 2nd staircase in the 2nd bedroom but we haven't thought this through fully. We think this is better than a 1st floor extension as access to a new back room seemed to create a long corridor.

The staircase has a 90 degree turn half-way up so there's no room to fit a toilet under the stairs. Is it worth considering moving the staircase?

Happy to get any thoughts from you on this! :)