tilliekw

Help with extension/facelift to 1950s house (UK)

tilliekw
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We're looking to build a two story extension to the front of our house. Mainly to provide room for another flight of stairs (for loft), but also to provide shelter for the front door and make the front of the house look better. I'm really struggling to come up with a solution that looks decent and doesn't completely jar with the style of the house.

Please help me!

Update: I have added some additional pictures showing the current floor plans, space in loft and our drawings of how it might look. The footprint of the front of the house might not be brought forward, but we're hoping that adding the first floor will provide room for stairs up to the loft, improve the aesthetic and provide shelter for the front door. We just can't come up with a solution that works well with the overall style of the house, plus we're now concerned that there may be an issue with head clearance for the stairs...

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.