alexismitchel

Renovating our home

We have lived in our 4-bed detached home for 6 years and now plan a renovation. Children have left and it is now just the two of us. We would like to start with redesigning our kitchen, dining room and sitting room (currently 3 separate rooms) into one open plan area. We would like to remove the internal partition wall between the kitchen and dining room, and another between dining and sitting room (currently just doorways in these walls). We'd like to make this an informal but comfortable space for ourselves and visiting family (grandchildren too in the next year).

We also have a garage (also accessed internally from the hall) which we would like to convert into a second reception room as a study/snug/play room.

How do we start re measuring up the ground floor space to make a floor plan?

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.