hedgehog99

Oak veneer doors in a kitchen

hedgehog99
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Can anyone give me a advice about how well oak veneer performs in a kitchen? I'm really keen to create a kitchen mixing painted black cabinets with oak veneer (true handleless doors/drawers - inspiration pic below though I realise they have handles/j-groove). But my kitchen designer keeps trying to steer me away from veneer towards "oak effect". He says this is because veneer doesn't perform well in the wet, greasy environment of a kitchen, but I just don't know whether it's because he makes more profit on the oak effect doors! I'm really not keen on materials that are pretending to be something else - have always had a pet hate of wood effect anything, so I don't want to go down that road. But equally don't want to spend thousands on a kitchen with doors whose veneer starts to peel off/stain/degrade or whatever.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.