Laundry chute - fire safety and insurance

Nick
last modified: 5 days ago

We are planning a laundry chute from your ground floor utility room up to your 2nd floor loft conversion, with the chute being accessible from the 2 first floor bedrooms also.

Does anyone know the fire safety requirements for these and the building regs for a laundry chute? We love the idea but are now realising that hotels/commercial buildings require regular inspections and fire safety certificates. What about in a domestic setting? Could this invalidate your insurance?

Does anyone have a domestic chute and knows any information about this please?

Many thanks

Comment (1)

OnePlan

They also need to be small so children can’t accidentally fall down them . If you move your laundry room to a central floor instead of a lower floor that can be a better option in countries where sunny days are few and far between.