webuser_26876240

help me choose window dressings please

Mary Ketchley
3 years ago

My house 1970s house has quite wide (2.35m) windows that I struggle to know what to do with. I love the look of plantation blinds but it would be over £1000 to do the two front windows and that’s from a DIY website.
I looked at wooden Venetians but they don’t sell them in the width I want. Would it be weird to have two side-by-side?
My son wants a plain roller blind for his window but I sort of like the idea of his window matching the one below as they are the only two windows at the front of the house. The downstairs front window really needs a bit of privacy as lots of people walk past every day but it’s not an issue upstairs as there is only a high school across the road.
At the moment the front and rear living room windows have shabby old vertical blinds which I know many people hate. However, they are good for privacy and filtering light, which is particularly important as the back of the living room has a large sliding patio door.
Picture with ladder shows new upstairs window going in. The ground floor window was also replaced with one made up of 8 panes.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.