webuser_256504730

Seeking clever paint ideas / colours for an open plan

Brett
3 years ago

I would love to hear thoughts on painting the walls / furniture in this open space to bring some more sophistication and atmosphere to the room.

I’m not planning to redo the kitchen in the short-term, so we need to stick to warm neutrals for the moment.

I am a big fan of the Little Greene ‘slaked lime’ range and that is in my mind... as is the similar but slightly cooler ‘Elephants Breath’ and ‘Charleston Grey’ colours from Farrow & Ball.

Budget dictates I go with Dulux or similar... and it needs to withstand some wear from kiddos.

I am thinking that the kitchen walls in the photo (4) which wrap around - could be in a dark taupe. I am also thinking that the hallway (5) could be in a darker neutral to make the rooms look bigger. Also, the bookshelves (2) could be in a mid taupe and trimmed out.

But there are so many walls!! It seems something very clever could be done and I’d love to hear ideas!! Many thanks for any ideas / suggestions.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.