anita_bey

Finding space in current home for toilet/ utility room

Anita Beynon
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi,
We are looking to add downstairs loo with utility room in semi detached house, our next door neighbours have used part of their living in extension to used it for this purpose. Our extension is good size and currently the space is not used to the full potential.
Originally I was thinking about changing the flow of downstairs completely as I don't like the fact our kitchen/dining room which leads directly to the extension living room is dark.
I thought we could block existing entry to the kitchen and create downstairs shower room/toilet, Opening up front living room to the rest of the house and moving kitchen to the extension. This would be very costly project.
Cheaper option is to take part of extension living room, block the side door create narrow room with the WC on one side and utility cupboard on another one.
Placing the toilet in this location would means is directly by soil pipe.
We are Family of 3 adults and baby on the way and I think additional WC/bathroom will help. (Although the space under the stairs looks big on the floorplan, it is not , it's just 1m high cupboard)
Thank you

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.