claire_reading

Floorplan ideas for awkward space

Claire

Hello!

I’m currently playing with some ideas for our new house. It currently has a lean-to which is just being used as storage (plan attached).

My initial idea was to remove the toilet and add a doorway into a utility space. This would only be a portion of the lean-to and the rest would remain as storage. But I got to thinking that we could turn the entire lean-to into living space, issue is the staircase would be in the middle of the house so creates a long thin room.

I’d love to ideas on how we could make this work for us. The second photo shows the floor space once the lean-to has been knocked into.

We will also be knocking down the wall between the kitchen and lounge as a first priority, moving the kitchen to a new space won’t be an option for us.

Thanks!
Claire

Comment