macbroom

Trend for pampus grass - Dead glam or dead bird?

macbroom
3 years ago

I quite like all the decorative pampus grass around at the moment (swingers connotations aside!), though sometimes wonder does it look a bit like a dead bird’s feathers in a vase?

Comments (3)

• Sonia
    3 years ago

The thing with it is it becomes enormous and very difficult to thin out or cut back. Hate the stuff! However, there are lots of other, very attractive, tall grasses that give that kind of look. Miscanthus is one and comes in several styles. The first one is Zebrinus.

macbroom thanked Sonia
  • macbroom
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Wow! That might be a bit large to stick in a vase! 😂 I had some growing in the garden and brought it indoors to put in a vase but it just looked like bunches of wheat - not really the look I was going for - so I ordered some fluffier pampus from Etsy. Hopefully it will look a bit more decorative.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Sorry didn’t realise it was for a vase rather than the garden.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.