lauren_roberts36

Help :) 1930s Rear and Side Extension Layout Advice

Lauren Roberts
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi All,

We're planning a 3.6m rear (potentially 4m) and 2m side (e.g. wrap) extension to our house to create that open plan living, downstairs office and utility room. We have a lovely long south facing garden which we want to really make the most of with indoor-outdoor living.

The current kitchen extension is lower level and needs to be rebuilt/raised (handy given knocking down will give that access to the back for diggers etc!)

We currently do not have side access, and whilst it would definitely be ideal to have a 1m gap for that, we just really cant seem to make it work with what we want to achieve. We're thinking about perhaps getting a wider opening front door and wider door into the open plan space to allow for taking things through the house.

I've attached a current and a layout we have been playing around with on Homebyme (brilliant free website btw, highly recommended!)

If anyone has any thoughts or advice on better ways of using the space, alternative plans we would be so grateful :)

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.