davesheff

Thoughts / ideas for our proposed kitchen diner extension

davesheff
3 years ago

Hi all, came here hoping for a bit of advice and outside the box thinking!

We are just after some thoughts and ideas about our first floor kitchen diner extension, we intend to remove the wall highlighted in yellow and extend out by 4m and across the back of the house (approx. 9.5m) as shown (very roughly!!!) in red. The roof will be a flat roof. The reasoning behind selecting 4m to build out to was due to making the space in front of the utility room usable.

The dining room shown in the original plan is no longer a dining room by the way - its more a snug.

I've positioned the kitchen at the rear of the room as it just seemed the best place for it so minimise wasted dead space and also allow us to sit close to natural light on the sofa or at the dining table.

I have placed the dining table and the sofa on the side they are, due to I feel we have more space for a large sofa on the kitchen side (although it might get a bit annoying having the dining table the furthest away from the kitchen!).

I think we would like to try and go with 8m sliding doors, but happy to consider go with bi-folds (or even 2 sets of bi-folds with a dividing wall in the middle)

We'd like a wood burner, but again, I'm unsure that's the best place for it (regulations etc).

We intend to put in a roof lantern.

The room is SW facing so I'm also a bit concerned that it could get very hot very quickly with all that glass.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can give us some more ideas!

thanks,

Dave

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.