Flooring question for kitchen diner - tile or engineered wood

Matt P

Hello

We're having an extension this year which will involve a wide kitchen diner area added to the back of the house, this will link to the existing lounge.

We're looking at flooring options and whether to go down the route of either wood style tiles or engineered wood in a herringbone design. There will be underfloor heating in the kitchen/diner area and we ideally want the same flooring flow throughout the extension and the lounge.

Cost is key as things are a little tight (we've found tile approx £22 pm2 and wood £31 pm2 online), but we're looking at whether to go with wood-like tiles or engineered wood. I believe tiles will work better with the under ground heating but I'm not sure about having them in the lounge as well.

Any advice/tips on this, as well as whether it's best to try to go to builder suppliers or specific websites for the best price, would be appreciated.

Cheers