randjb

Splasback suggestions

randjb
3 years ago

I've always disliked the orange glass splashback we have in our kitchen - mainly because it's a citrus orange (rather then the reddy-orange of our kitchen chairs) and there's too much orange overall. I am now considering changing it for tiles, but need some advice please:

1. Size - the current splashback reaches the level of the cooker hood, but I think it needs to be higher, as there are cooking splashes on the wall as high as the bottom of the pictures. As there are no wall cupboards, I don't know how high to go with the tiles?

2. Design - I'm thinking of cream gloss tiles (same colour as cupboards) and maybe a feature of mosiac with some brown and copper in (the worktops are brown with copper, see attached photo). I could do a block of mosiac over the hob and the same width as the cooker hood, with cream tiles either side/above?

3. Budget - I need to keep the cost down, hence tiling rather than buying bespoke splashbacks (and potentially making another costly mistake). I have to keep all other fixtures/appliances, but will be repainting the walls.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.