shavaya

Home Office decorating ideas please

Shavaya
last modified: 2 months ago

Hello you lovely talented lot... can I please get your help on some inspiration for painting and decorating my office. Would love to hear your suggestions as I am totally out of ideas!

Explanation below along with pictures hopefully gives an idea of the space. The room is narrow and long with a low ceiling. It was a garage conversion into home office.

Wall 1 - on the narrow side is a large window of 8 feet with a yellow roller blind in a plaid woollen fabric [will be keeping that].

Wall 2 - narrow end opposite side of the window are mirrored wardrobes, which reflect light from window [sadly also everything else in between!]

Wall 3 - long side has the built-in units. This is the main workspace, and I just cannot decide what to do with it. Paint the splashback [trial colour painted] or put up cork sheeting, or wallpaper, or even fabric?

Wall 4 – Behind the chairs has so much happening, it has the entrance door, step down, a radiator, a shelf, a fuse cupboard [broken door will be fixed]. This problem wall is the backdrop to my Zoom meetings unfortunately.

Until we went into lockdown last year, this office was hardly used. Now I spend 8 hours 6 days a week in here – and with these virtual meetings I really must decorate the room.

Exploring the thought of painting the ceiling dark [to hide the dreadful artex]perhaps same colour as the units, and painting wall /door/radiator in mellow yellow like the blind ?… but open to all ideas and looking forward to your suggestions and ideas. TIA!