Which trade to engage first with knock through and extension?

3 months ago

Hello! We are in the process of moving home, and we'd like to knock through a kitchen / dining room interior wall (with a working fireplace) and build a small single storey extension to the kitchen diner. We'd also like to add skylights. Ideally we'd like to be ready to appoint a builder as soon as we complete, so want to get plans etc ready first. The sellers are happy for us to visit with tradesmen once restrictions allow. So my question is, who do we engage with first? Architect? Structural engineer? Builder? We've never done anything like this before so want to know the correct sequencing if possible. Thank you!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.