webuser_380322770

Bi-fold dilemma

Kat739
3 years ago

I am having some walls removed (marked in red in the picture) in order to open up my downstairs living / kitchen area. I am looking to add in a 3m bi-fold along the back of house (in place of the door and middle window where the kitchen currently opens up onto the garden). However I am unsure if I should have a longer bi-fold which incorporates the window in the family room/ study(currently we use this room as a playroom but going forward it will be the dining area.) I think asthetically it will look better to have a longer bi-food (as opposed to lots of small windows / doors along the back of the house), however from a practicality perspective I am concerned that a) we will never fully open such a large bi-fold area as my garden in north facing so the back of the house is quite cold (even in the summer) and b) with the loss of wall space from other walls being removed, having a longer bi-fold will add to this (as opposed to a window where I can at least put storage underneath it). Any advice would be greatly received. Many thanks

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.