diypopcorn

Attaching IKEA internal drawer to Symphony kitchen cabinet door

diypopcorn
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I recently bought a new build house that came with a Symphony kitchen that has very few drawers so I decided to buy some internal drawers from IKEA. The base cabinets are a mixture of 450mm, 500mm and 600mm widths. IKEA don’t do 500mm internal kitchen drawers so I got creative and went with a mixture of Komplement solid (i think they’re MDF?) and wire drawers. I’ve now had the idea to attach the cabinet door to the front one of the solid internal drawers so that it pulls out rather than being on hinges. What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking of using a combination of glue and screws, but I’m not sure what glue would be best so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Additionally, I’d quite like all drawers to be connected to the cabinet door so when I pull the door open all the drawers open too, and I can then close the one(s) I don’t need. I was thinking I’d get some adhesive magnets to make this work - does anybody have any recommendations? Or alternative ideas for this?

Any help with any of my queries would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.