kate_savitsky92

Bathroom lighting for SHAVING

Kate S
3 years ago

Hello, I am looking for help and advice. We are renovating and creating a new master en-suite. I am struggling big time to find a good solution for shaving. I mean for a man :-). Most mirror lighting that I see online is all about looking 'designer' and pretty but not actually about good lighting. Anyway, my husband is demanding we put a basin in front of the window so that he can have good daylight. This obviously means no large mirror over the basin, just two small shaving mirrors on arms either side of the basin vanity. I appreciate that would probably give him the light he needs but how can you have a bathroom without a large mirror. And the vanity and toilet will have to be swapped around which will mean that as you come in you'll hit the toilet first. All in all this scenario isn't acceptable to me. I've seen mirrors with integrated LED light (narrow strip around the mirror or two strips either side) but I doubt it will give enough actual light. Help please!! Men, how do you shave?

Comments (31)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.