Which wall to knock down

Kate Fitz

Hi everyone, we are moving into a new home, floor plan attached. The house has already been extended but we want to make the kitchen bigger. We are not sure whether to knock the snug/kitchen wall or the kitchen/dining room wall down to make best use of the space. There is a small arch (door width) separating the kitchen and dining room.

Also - the lounge and sitting room, I am not sure what to put in the lounge part. Ideally I'd have them separate so I can have one room to watch TV while my partner plays his video games. Especially if we lose the snug from extending the kitchen. But there is no windows to the sitting room and it's a semi detached adjoining wall.

Basically I'm asking how would you work with this floor plan to increase kitchen space while trying to have two living areas. Thanks so much! :)