scarlett_swallow23

Splitting a family bathroom into two?

Scarlett Swallow

Hi all,

We are extending the ground floor of our 4 bedroom Victorian semi. We currently have one bathroom, and no downstairs toilet. We desperately want a downstairs toilet and a second shower, somewhere.

Originally we were hoping to put a shower room and toilet into the downstairs extension, but we're really struggling to configure a layout that works due to shallow plumbing and the like. that doesn't seriously compromise the rest of the downstairs.

Trying to think of alternatives, and I wondered if it may be possible to split our family bathroom (floor plan below) into a smaller family bathroom, and make an ensuite for the second bedroom - which we use as the master?

Has anyone managed to split a bathroom like this successfully? Or is it a mad idea?

Thinking along the lines of this, with a pocket door from the bedroom to the ensuite. Please excuse the dodgy drawing.

Thanks

Scarlett