celine_fenech

microcement / polished concrete for a patio

Celine Fenech

Hi all

I am looking for people who have done microcement/ polished concrete outside for a patio (see current rough concrete base in attached photos).

Why did you choose that product? Did you like the finish? How resistant and durable do you find it? Is it truly scratch and crack resistant? What brand did you use and would recommend? I don’t like the glossy finish the protecting layer gives, how can you achieve a Matt finish as you see indoors on microcement/polished concrete walls?

We have a drop of about 7 cm from our internal floor to the existing concrete slab on the patio, would you level it up (given the microcement is about 4mm we would need to add 6.5 cm of concrete layer) or leave it a bit lower?

I am hesitant between tiling and doing microcement, any views?

Porcelain paving
Microcement