slimgimli

Gravel Graveyard ....... Help with designing a new layout

Slimgimli

Hi!!!

Could anyone help/advice how to make this space more appealing, I have to keep the gravel and don’t want grass but...... want to try and emulate a sort of Japanese type style with mainly evergreen planting .....grasses, hostas etc. I have a multi stem silver birch to go by the picket fence somewhere and then the dog wood to go round it.

In the process of painting all the fencing black...long job lol.

Happy to get rid of the sleeper border, cotoneasters , the birch in the right hand corner as I think it is deceased and the concrete edgings.

The garden is Southfacing and had a line of conifers cut down against the left hand side fence last year but there are still stumps etc there so trying to disguise those.

The tree in the middle is an Acer( red October) , 3 silver birch at the bottom and 3 rowan ( red spire?) along the left.

Just trying to make a boring gravel garden a bit more exciting..... maybe patio area ,paths, etc

we are on a budget and it will have to be done bit by bit but need a goal to aim for 😃

Sorry for the long intro

Suzi x