checkedcloth

Remodelling downstairs

checkedcloth
3 years ago

Hello there.

We would like to add a forth bedroom to our house, which would be used for guests only (probably on average once a month). This would be through adding a 2nd extension to the existing kitchen extension.

the drawings have come back and essentially to gain this additional bedroom, 2 existing bedrooms become smaller and the 4th bedroom is really small. it seems crazy that we make the rooms that we use every day smaller to Make a room for guests that is used so infrequently.

so we are looking to add this space in on the ground floor and Have a room that can have a sofa bed for guests.

ive attached a pic and circled the area of the house we would like to work with. We also want to have a utility added in that has access to the garden.

we are hoping to re do the kitchen too - ideally placing a small walk in pantry in a corner of the existing kitchen and then moving the kitchen function down to be closer to the dining area.

any views on how we could make this work would be so welcome.!

we do need to keep a separate study, but it does not need to be as big as the current one.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.