webuser_413042386

small extension worth it?

J O
2 years ago

To extend or move?

Looking to try make a larger living/kitchen/dining area. Current layout in bottom floor of house. K=kitchen (used to be old dining room) and S= sitting room. H= extension of hallway that is where I store coats/toys/dog bed etc. The area marked in purple I could potentially extend into but would only likely be around 1.5m wide due to having to be at least 1m away from boundary (was planning to knock down old utility room and expand into side and back but not sure worth it for only 1.5m width.

Was going to put w return at the bottom of the stairs and put up a wall there and maybe open it up further between kitchen and rest of hallway to make a larger area but I’m not sure I’ll get all the space I want.

Any other way to reconfigure the downstairs (including changing other rooms) to get the desired large living/dining/kitchen area.

Is a small strip of an extension really worth it?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.