vannio

Is a side return which decreases floor space worth it?

Van
3 years ago

I'm having my kitchen and bathroom renovated (plumbing moved, electrics, floors, everything!) in the next year. I'm considering using this disruption as a chance to improve the layout and finally make use of the absolutely minuscule "garden" in what is already a small mid-terrace house.

Left is current layout, right is proposed layout. Would anything about the proposed layout put future buyers off? No formal dining room, no windows in bathroom, not enough kitchen surfaces?

What ballpark figure would something like this cost, assuming re-use of all kitchen cabinets/bathroom suite? I am a simple woman and don't need expensive finishes. I plan to stay in this house for at least another 5 years so I think for my home enjoyment, the cost could be justified.

(Red dot is a Thames Water inspection chamber, and what I think is the direction of the pipes. Current kitchen/bathroom area is one-story and will remain that way)

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.