webuser_668028829

Advice for a welcoming hallway

M B
3 years ago

hello, thanks in advance for helping. I'm at the very early stages of planning to decorate my hallway. It's odd in that the old door (to left as you come in) has been blocked off, so you walk down to the back of the house into the back hallway and then go left into lounge or right into kitchen. Feels a bit like a corridor. Interested in how to make it more welcoming.
I have wondered about removing the middle door - but then need to think about the back door as this becomes what you look at when you first walk in. I wanted to make this a glass door for light and so you look out at the garden but I think this would compromise privacy. Maybe a lovely curtain over the door in the winter to make it homely?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.