rookie1986

TV / Entertainment Area Ideas?

rookie1986
3 years ago

Hey,

Me again lol!, This time I'm looking for some advice / insight around how to approach my TV / Entertainment area. There are three different styles that have stood out to me so far, they would also offer different TV solutions depending on which I decide to go for.

The first is to use a Samsung "The Frame" TV, the idea behind this is to allow the TV to disappear into the space when not in use and to eliminate the "Big-Black-Box" effect that a wall mounted TV usually creates.

The below image is to give an idea of what I would look to create (different furniture / layout but hopefully it gives an indicator), the idea would be to create a gallery wall where the TV takes centre stage with supporting art works around it (unless this would be distracting when the TV is in use?). Unlike the picture below I would look to run the cables into the wall so there is nothing running externally to the TV, maintaining the illusion that its an actual painting on the wall. As far as the gallery wall idea goes, I could take or leave it (I've included a picture with the TV on its own) but do generally like the overall idea of having a gallery wall with a TV hidden in it.

The second idea would be to build a bespoke wooden wall mountable unit, this would be a lot more work in comparison to the other two options but I do like the final result, for this option I would probably look to use an LG OLED TV so unlike the Samsun Frame it wont sit perfectly flush to the wall but the extra bulk of the unit will hide this as the TV wall mount will sit inside a cut-out in the wooden panel. Another benefit of this unit is that all cables will be hidden behind without having to run anything into the wall.

The final idea, is to just go with a standard wall mount type setup with or without a floating unit (floor standing unit would be perfectly acceptable), the only thing this would allow me to do over the other two options is use a Philips Ambilight TV (see second photo below) that adds ambiance to the room in a unique way that the other options don't (I'm already heavily invested into the Philips Hue ecosystem although don't require it on my TV).

Just to give a bit of background, the living space will be decorated in an Industrial / Modern style utilising neutral tones with a tan leather sofa, oak furniture, brass/black metal detailing and a splash of colour to add some depth (thinking browns, greys, greens, blues, yellows and oranges - it sounds a lot but I'm sure it will work!).

Anyway, before I digress too much, which do you feel would be the best option of the three, or is there something I've not considered that would also be worth looking at? Are there any issues or pitfalls to the above designs that I might not have thought about and would rule it out as an option.

Open to any and all discussion to help me come to a conclusion on which direction to take my TV / Entertainment area design.

Thanks for reading.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.