fiona_brenchley

glazing dilemma

Fiona Brenchley
3 years ago

Planning permission has been submitted for a single storey extension to the back of my bungalow. It’s to be used as an open plan kitchen, diner with a snug. I’ve requested a hipped roof with a huge roof lantern in the middle to maximise the light. I also plan to have sliding doors instead of bi folds along the back to enjoy the wonderful view to our SW facing garden. After reading the stories and comments on Houzz, I’m really concerned that this might not be a good idea. All I’m trying to achieve is to maximise as much light as possible that will also project light into the lounge which is further back from the new extension. My concerns are heat control and glare! I’ve read so much on different types of glass and overhangs and awnings. My mind is at bursting point. I can’t afford to make a mistake here. This extension will be used all the time. I would really welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.