What’s the best layout for kitchen/diner/family space

HU-378460014
last modified: 28 days ago

Hi all,

We are building a rear extension to create a large open plan family living area. We will still have a separate living room as don’t want to go too open plan. It’s nice to still have quiet space. We are expecting our first child in June (but the house won’t be ready till Oct id think) and hope to have another in a few years time. Trying to build a house for us to grow into.

in desperate need of layout help...

MUST haves:

kitchen island (not peninsula)

American fridge freezer

5 burner hob

dishwasher

dining table to seat 8-10 as I like entertaining.

small casual seating area for playing with the baby. Was hoping for a 2-seat sofa but think armchairs more space practical probably.

storage for kids toys etc

what do you think is the best layout we can achieve?

current plan from the architect below but I don’t think this gives us enough kitchen cabinet space/pantry storage. (Half the pantry is taken up by the boiler...) and possibly too much casual seating area.

is there a better option?

ive also made a version that makes the kitchen bigger and at the rear... what are your thought?