webuser_374240067

HELP NEEDED: Master Suite with ensuite + dressing room

Nathan B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We're in the midst of an extension at the moment and as part of that, it'll be adding two new bedrooms (one being the master) taking the house from a 4 bed to a 5 bed.

After deliberating, we're wondering whether we can actually have a master suite as there's only two of them but keep that space a dressing room attached to the master which could easily be changed in the future should we sell and someone want an additional room.

Also we'll be remortgaging after the new valuation to take back the money we've put into it and the additional bedroom should only increase that value, hence wanting to strike a balance between what we want and what will add value.

This is what is proposed currently by the architect (left hand side):

But if you were to start again, what would people suggest with the following in mind:

• Master bedroom to have ensuite
  • Ensuite to be a good size (and bonus if we can get a bath in there too). Limited to being in the center section though unfortunately (due to soil)
  • Dressing room/space to be easily converted into another room but accessed from the bedroom initially
  • Windows are fixed as we'd have to get new planning permission + the holes have already been built!

Look forward to your ideas!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.