cj_1994

New Home - Furniture Lead Times?

Chris Jones
3 years ago

Hey,

I’ve just moved into a new home and begun the process of furnishing it, I don’t know if it’s a knock-on from Brexit combined with COVID but everything seems to be one ridiculous lead times.

What does everyone do to manage or mitigate these types of issues? As it stands at the moment I won’t have a bed for 8 weeks, a wardrobe for 12 and a sofa for 16 (almost everything else seems to be on a minimum of 4-8 weeks lead time from the big-box stores with a few items like my coffee table at 16-18 weeks). This definitely wasn't something I had planned or prepared for, and I’m really at a loss as to what to do, one item on a longer lead time might have been manageable but I wasn’t prepared for this...

The only thing I’ve been able to source with next day or within 5 days delivery are all of my appliances which seem readily available and I stock across most major UK suppliers (AO, Curry’s, Argos).

Anyone else going through a similar thing, how’ve you managed it and what advice can you offer?

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.