laura_vangool

How to add more interest to patio

Laura

Hello Lovely people,

Id love your input or any ideas from professionals on my patio dilemma. I currently have 80sqm of rectangular shaped horrible north facing crazy paving (photo 1) which is solid but the pointing is crumbling and is a moss magnet.

The back of the house is white pebbledash and Im looking to replace with the below light cream porcelain large tile , however due to the size of the area I’m concerned that it will look a bit plain and I’d like to add some more texture.

I like the below examples of patios adjoining decking and I was thinking of doing partial patio and deck (using a pale coloured composite such as mill board smoked oak).

Does anyone have experience of something similar?

Are there any disadvantages to doing this or implications for build?

Anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Many thanks for your feedback 😁