monidda

Struggling to achieve a garden design for our funky plot

Monica
last modified: 18 days ago

Hello there, we are finding it hard trying to come up with something that will look pleasing and integrate well with the views from our kitchen big sliding doors.

The dream is a gravel garden, mainly green with plenty of evergreen structure.

We plan to pleach the conifer hedge all the way around the perimeter, like we started on the left tidy the fence and underplant with shade loving specimens.

To save money and more stuff going to landfill we are keen to work with the existing hard areas. they are structurally sound just very worn and the different levels are off putting.

We would like to have more planting and less hard paving area, and very keen to bring some of the garden all the way to the house. Also important is working with the sigh lines from the big kitchen windows and creating focal points. I included a shot of the kitchen to show one side of the big sliders and the island relating to the space. The other sightline is straight down the middle to the studio which is a little boring and could be improved I feel..

The eating area is currently tucked behind the planting bed with is 3m x3m and marked on the drawing .

We would really appreciate your input and ideas, Thank YOU :)