webuser_239759440

Brightening up a brown house

Lyndsey Hill
19 days ago

Our new house is too brown and dreary - we really need to brighten it up, but I’m struggling with what colour / overall look to go for. In order to accommodate some internal changes we are moving the front door forwards to sit within the arch, so we need to choose a new front door & frame (example in pics).

We’re not in love with the rosewood windows but they are excellent condition hardwood, so we can’t justify replacing them. A few people have suggested rendering the whole house, but I’m not sure. Instead I was thinking we could give the house a facelift with a new front door & matching garage door, painting the render & refreshing soffits. Painting the window frames is also an option, although I do worry about ongoing maintenance of them. Any thoughts / ideas would be very gratefully received. Thanks!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.