mrsclairenicholson

Need help with external back of house!

Claire Nicholson
3 years ago

We are coming towards the end of the first stage of a complete renovation of our Edwardian semi detached house (structural work done, furniture and decoration still to be done). We have not extended but we have taken out most of the back wall of the house and replaced with Crittall glazing / doors and a new flat roof.

The front of the house is traditional Edwardian white pebbledash and black timber.

We had planned to pebbledash the end gable and flat roof section but have now been told by 3 separate people that it’s going to be too difficult as the brickwork is too smooth.

Our part of the house is everything drawn around in green.

So now we need to decide how to finish the back of the house!

The piece of timber above the smaller glazing section is just sat resting in the T shape of the steel, so can easily be removed.

At front of the house the drive is being redone and will be gravelled with white / grey / honey mix gravel and that will be continued around the back outside the glazing and doors, rather than the concrete which can currently be seen.

All options and recommendations considered please!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.