Do I need an architect or structural engineer?

20 days ago

Hi All,
I'm a bit lost at what to do. We currently have a single story wrap around extension but want to put a 2nd story on top of the side extension part. As well as this we also need to reconfigure our downstairs as it doesnt work for us at the moment.
What I'm a bit lost at is do we need to hire an architect to get the plans done and approved or just a structural engineer? I keep getting told different things from different people so was hoping someone here could advise?

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.