webuser_621978094

Building an Extension on an Existing Single Storey

Michelle M
2 years ago

I'm looking to build a second storey on an existing single storey extension, my question is where do I start?

I'm assuming I'd need an architect first to do the plans/ designs? Does anyone know roughly how much this would cost?

Would an architect then complete and submit planning applications or would I then need to do this myself and are there any businesses out there that are a one stop shop and do it all?

We have plans from the previous owner for the original extension and there are actually plans for a double, not sure if they ever got permission for this or they just decided that they'd rather a single. It also looks like the footings are 1m deep which I'm told they'd need to be for a double?

We're also wanting to knock through the kitchen and utility and do the garden at the same time.

I've attached some pictures so you can see the existing extension. If anyone has any advice or can recommend anyone in the Bury (Lancs) area that could carry out the work I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.