madelainev

Big living room and wall dilemma

madelainev

Hi - Looking for ideas around what to do with our living room specifically the wall. I always feel it makes the room look incomplete.

I’m happy with the table position although plan to get a new one, and also the sofa position although may get two small ones and two arm chairs so more people can sit. Also planning on a new rug

While I’m not keen on the TV - or how big it is - I’ve lost that battle with the family!

The wall is the main challenge but open to other ideas. I like clean lines, not overly busy and here’s what I’ve considered and why I’ve rules it out:

• Wall unit - felt it would take over the room.
  • Wood burner/fire within a built-in chimney breast in the middle of wall. £15k and unfortunately over budget. Might dominate and did like this

Love to hear any thoughts, much appreciated and thanks in advance!