anishnz

Steps from dining room to lawn, or raised deck/patio and then steps?

anishnz

Hello,

I'd like to get some guidance on the flow from our dining room to garden. Our dining room floor is around 1m higher than the lawn. We currently have two steps down from the dining room to a paved patio, and then another step down from the patio to the lawn. We don't like the step down from the dining room to the patio, and we're thinking of either:

1. Keeping same rough layout, but adding another step from dining room, so that the first step from dining room door is at same height as dining room floor; or

2. Building a raised deck/patio outside the dining room, covering the whole of the current patio, and then having 4 steps down from the raised deck/patio to the lawn.

Could I get your thoughts on what you think would work well, and if you could share any pictures?

Below are pictures of the current layout.

Thanks in advance!