katie_kemp7

No idea where to start with the landscaping! Any advice?

Katie Kemp
2 years ago

Hi

We currently have a plot of land (c.0.7acres) with a detached bungalow on it. We’re about to submit our planning application to demolish the existing house and build a 2 storey stone house. So we would love some ideas of what to do with the garden as we have no idea where to start!

We plan to have a garage and parking area at the front of the house and a paved courtyard area at the back that attaches to the kitchen to have an indoor/outdoor space. That then leaves us with a large space at the back that we don’t know what to do with. I love to have a big grassy area as we have a dog that loves to play but I still think the garden needs some more substance and structure to it. Maybe another seating area and more plants/trees. But we have no idea what would look good.

I’ve attached a few pictures of the land as it is now(very messy!) and a picture of the future house plans to give you an idea of what we’re working with. The garden is also on a hill which makes it harder for me to think of what would look right. Would anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.