rebeccaedwards31

Will black and white tiling suit my hallway? (pics included)

Rebecca Ann
2 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking to revamp my hallway/entrance area. I'm considering laying black and white tiling since I think it looks really elegant, but I've only ever seen it done in old Victorian houses with long hallways and I'm not sure if it would work in my hallway since it's more boxy.

To give an idea of the overall look I'm going for, the walls are going to be painted a VERY pale, almost-white grey, and the stairs are going to have wood flooring laid to match my interior wooden doors, with the banister to match. Also have plans to replace the front door with a modern wooden design again to match the internal doors to bring the whole room together.

This is my hallway currently (excuse the bare stairs, my dog chewed through the carpet when he was a puppy so it had to come up):

And this is similar to what I'm aiming for:

Do you think this would work well, or would it be a bit overwhelming in this small space?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.