lucyjones84

limestone fireplace, room just not working and don’t know why

lucyjones84

Hi all - after some opinions/advice on our living room. When we moved in there was cream carpet, we have replaced with a light oak floor and ever since then I just can’t put my finger on why but something looks “off”. I think the limestone fireplace looks so yellow and almost grubby. I am considering painting the chimney breast a darker colour, or perhaps changing the mirror for a round black framed one. Please just any tips or opinions welcomed, I think the colours/warmth is just off and don’t know how to fix it! I’ve also posted a photo of the mirror mocked up to be black(with taped on bin bags!) - does that look better?!