fortune777

Will travertine floor tiles take the weight of an acrylic roll top bat

fortune777

My wet room has what looks like travertine floor tiles (but I doubt they were expensive) which are waterproof and easy to clean. However, I am desparate to have a small roll top bath with cast iron feet but I am worried that the weight of an acrylic or resin bath will crack the floor tiles. Is there some kink of support mat I can use or check weight allowance on these tiles?

Comment (1)

• Becky M

I have an acrylic roll top that rests on regular porcelain floor tiles. The builders who installed it said it wouldn't be a problem and 3 years down the line that's certainly looking like it's true. Its an extra long and deep one and my partner and I are...portly. so plenty of weight there when full and no cracking at all. You mentioned cast iron feet though. I don't think mine are, I think it is a lighter weight metal. I think most acrylic baths don't have cast iron feet?