ravishon

Double Garage Conversion Questions given rest of house

Ravi

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions as we're in a few minds. Any help would be super helpful,

Currently

I've attached floor plan, outside picture and an image of the garage itself in it's current form. You'll see from the garage picture that is a little room that goes into the garage, this is currently a bathroom. In its current form the bathroom probably needs redoing (and possibly moving?).

The garage goes up about half the house length.

What we want

We want to end up with:

• A utility room with connection from the house (current door is just to garden)
  • A downstairs bathroom (possibly just refurb the existing one)

Additional thoughts:

• Extend the garage to the length of the house and make the kitchen/dining area bigger. Perhaps we could then replace the existing kitchen with a utility/pantry and make the dining room an open kitchen/dining area.
  • Is there any way to maintain / have some side access to the garden? This is quite important for my wife.

if there's any ideas that aren't covered above would definitely love some input.

Of course my mind during all of this is also cost of work vs. valuation of the house.

Thanks!!

Comment