1930ssemireno

Kitchen flooring - contrast or complement original parquet?

1930ssemireno
5 days ago
last modified: 5 days ago

We are about to move into a 1930s semi which has original oak parquet throughout the living room / dining and hallway that we‘re going to have sanded and slightly lightened to remove the orange tones. The kitchen leading off from the hallway has laminate flooring that we want to replace but struggling to decide what to go for. I really like the look of engineered wood herringbone or parquet but worried that it needs to be identical to the rest of the downstairs or it’s going to look weird or maybe it needs to be something totally different? I want something warm underfoot and not too hard (currently have slate flooring in kitchen and bathroom and hate it) any ideas? Kitchen is also fairly plain pale grey and white so could do with some warmth to make it less clinical. Any advice very much appreciated!

(excuse estate agent photos, havent moved in yet)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.