hayley_simmonds38

1980’s re-configuration required

Hayley S
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Good evening

We are hopefully going to be the proud owners of a 1980’s house that will be our forever home but we need some vision/guidance on how best to utilise the space in the most cost effective way.

Ideally we don’t want to carry out any external building works but merely utilise the space the house already has by knocking down internal walls or reconfiguring existing space.

For example we know that we’ll need to knock down the wall between the kitchen/sitting room to create a spacious kitchen diner. Plus we are also toying with the idea of moving the front door along slightly to improve the flow into the house.
The possibilities in this house are endless (which is what we fell in love with) but we want to make sure that we don’t overlook ideas that we haven’t even thought off.

We’re also not sure of what professionals we’ll need. We used an architect previously but they didn’t really provide any creative input but merely drew what we asked. I know we’ll need a SE for beams etc.

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance you can provide to enable us to realise the potential of our family home.

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.