webuser_882972037

Floor plans through... scared we're missing a trick!

Chelsea
2 years ago

We're planning a downstairs renovation and upstairs extension to our home. This is the first time we've ever attempted something like this and it's a huge financial commitment. We just got the architect first draft floor plan through - I have some small amends, but I'm scared we're missing a trick and there are changes we should be making to the layout/fixed furniture placement in the rooms to optimise the space and light. Our architects firm aren't very creative; they're very affordable and basically give you what you ask for and nothing more - I'm not sure how much they've thought about being intelligent with space and light! Does anyone have any suggested changes or can spot a potential flaw with the layout/use of space?

I already know we need to add wardrobe space to bedroom 1... I'm thinking about knocking through some of the wall into bedroom 2 to steal space for built-in wardrobes, but not sure of the best way to do it without compromising the second bedroom.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.